Hair Woes

I cut my hair!

I am not very adventurous when it comes to hairstyles. I usually wear my mane long. Most people think shorter hair is easier to manage. In my case, longer is easier. Shorter styles tend to get frizzier. And I hate when I couldn't gather my hair up in a ponytail.

Last year, I decided to cut it above the shoulders. That went well for the first couple of months. After that I couldn't wait for it to grow back. Now, I decided to cut it short again. But nothing crazy this time. I kept it at medium length and added some layers to give it some life. Unfortunately, it only looked good at the salon after they ironed and styled it. The next day, my hair looks like I cut it myself.

The world is filled with people suffering from hunger, political unrest, and violence. And here I am, fussing about my hair. In the grand scheme of things, I have no right to complain. Hmmm, how come that doesn't make me feel better at all?



Comments