A New Year Miracle

When I left for SoCal for a week-long vacation, I parked my car in one of the side streets where alternate side parking was suspended due to the legal holidays. I thought I was being practical because paid long-term parking would've cost me $100 for 10 days. When news of a blizzard reached me while I was kart racing in Anaheim, I realized that my practical move wasn't a very smart one.

Total snowfalls reached 29 inches and I pictured my car under all that snow and I cringed. I knew I couldn't cut my vacation short just because I'm worried about my car. So I decided to just let things be and take care of whatever needs to be taken care of when I get back home. I'm glad I did otherwise I would've worried and ruined my vacation for nothing.

I have already psyched myself up to do some digging when I got home this morning. In fact, I decided to sleep for a few hours prior to tackling the task. However, when I got to the place where I parked the car, I was pleasantly surprised. Not a single snowflake was resting on it. There were a few mounds of snow on the road but none on the car. The person parked next to me said that it was probably because the wind was blowing at such acute angles that it blew all the snow to the sides. That could be it. Or it just simply melted. Whatever it is, I still think it's a miracle. 29 inches and not even a light coating on the car! My God is simply amazing!

Comments