Trip To Jerusalem

I'm planning a trip to Jerusalem with my parents. April 2012 is our target. Yes, I am anal like that. Since I plan not to sign up for any official tour and simply go around the city by following a map, I believe a year at the least is necessary to prepare for the trip. Considering that I am directionally challenged and I'm not sure if my parents would be much help in that area, I'm doubling my efforts to make sure that I knew the layout of all the places we're visiting. Thanks to google maps!

There are other things to consider as well. Familiariazing the place is one thing, learning some Hebrew (or Aramaic?) is another. I learned that English is sufficient but what better way to establish rapport than to speak some phrases in their mother tongue. What clothes to wear is also something that I'm studying as there might be holy sites or religious neighborhoods that would be offended if I wear shorts, although April is still springtime in Israel.

Since the trip will fall during the Jewish passover, public transport may be jampacked since Jews from other countries might go visit the city too and I also doubt if we'd find anything that's not unleavened to eat. With all these in perspective, this trip is promising to be a lot of fun. 

Planning trips is something that I enjoy doing. Not only does it give me a natural high thinking of the new things I'd learn about the place but it also excites me to imagine the beautiful pictures I might take. Might being the operative word because we all know that I'm a frustrated photographer.


So, Jerusalem, I guess I'll be seeing you in 15 months. Now, here's hoping I find cheap airfare.


Comments