Careless?

I could complain about getting a "careless driving" traffic citation until I realize that had the state trooper not been lenient enough I'd have been ticketed for driving 87 mph on a 65-mph zone. Still, I'm furious because the others were doing over 90. It's a classic case of "not needing to outrun the tiger, just the other person". Since the other drivers were running faster than me, I was the one the "tiger" got to, just in case my analogy was missed.

In all honesty, I wasn't even speeding for the sake of it. As much as I love the feel of whizzing by like an arrow, I never disregard safety rules. I was simply going with the flow of traffic that I didn't even notice that I was going that fast. My driving instructor told me that at highway speeds it's dangerous to drive slower than all the others. With that in mind, I don't think I was being careless. Come to think of it, I never am.

I look over my shoulder before changing lanes and I don't go from one lane to another as often as I change clothes in the morning unlike some people. I signal when I turn and I stay in my lane. I don't tailgate. I maintain a distance of 1 car per 10 mph of speed from the vehicle in front of me and I won't blow my horn just because you are driving too slow. Yet inspite of my best efforts I have just received my 2nd traffic ticket. So, ladies and gentlemen, I just made the state of New Jersey richer by $87.00. I'm just happy that no points would be added to my NY license because the violation didn't happen in New York.

After what happened, you'd never catch me going above the speed limit ever again. It would probably irk the other drivers on the freeway but if they're not paying for my next ticket and for the increase in my insurance premiums then I don't care what they think.




Never again!





Comments

  1. isoga na nimo uy! makulbaan gani ko ug 60! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take the freeway everyday so naanad na ko. Mahadlok man sad ko malapas ug 60 sa-una, Tiris, but ever since I did that 6-hour drive from L.A to San Francisco last Christmas I realized nga di ra man diay kaayo scary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment