Don't You Just Love Holidays!

Rosh Hashanah is coming. I have not converted to Judaism but I love the fact the I get to either stay home and relax or go somewhere and have an adventure while the Jewish folk are celebrating their holiday. It's a 4-day weekend after all. Oh the perks of working for the city of New York!

So I thought of several ways to "celebrate" Rosh Hashanah. I have been scouring the worldwide web for a house to buy (Yes, I am seriously considering becoming a homeowner before I get married). I figured that since it's taking so long for my husband-to-be to turn up at my "doorstep", I might as well find a doorstep to own while waiting for him to find his way to me. So I'm going to several open house events in Long Island on the first day of that long weekend or drive around neighborhoods with houses for sale and see how they feel like.

Don't you just love this 8-bedroom 1908 Tudor?

Or this 4-bedroom 1928 Tudor?

But I don't need a big house. I'd be happy living in a small one as long as it's mine. =)


Another option I'm looking into is to visit the Adirondacks. I heard that it's captivating in the Fall. A drive through its scenic byways would be nice. That is if I can convince my friends to join me. If not, maybe I'll just go for a drive around the city and see what's new. Since the "chosen people" are going to be in their homes observing these "high holy days", traffic wouldn't be so bad (at least, I hope so).


If all else fails, there's always the stay-home-and-read option. With 10 unread books in my shelf, that shouldn't be a problem.






Comments