Not Separate... But Still

I swore I wouldn't repost entries from my old blog, but I couldn't stop the urge to post this:


Manila Avenue in New Jersey =)



"...quantum nonlocality, the way once two electrons were entangled, you could separate them, shoot them hundreds of thousands of miles in opposite directions, and they'd stay linked: if you set one of them spinning, the other would instantly spin at the same speed in the opposite direction. They weren't talking to each other; communication was not whizzing back and forth regularly faster than the speed of light. The two particles just existed outside regular reality, outside of spacetime, in a state where distance was meaningless, where distance wasn't." (Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos)

Where distance was meaningless, where distance wasn't.  I couldn't help but think that at the quantum level, we are not really that separate, you and I.  Aren't we as "entangled" as entangled could get?  But there are moments, a lot of them, when imagining your face as I read the e-mails you sent, reality slaps me hard on the face.  I'm here.  You're there.  And for a wee bit I wish that's not the case.

(Multiply. May 23, 2008. 10:16 PM)


It's as true then as it is now.

Comments