Fast Forward To Spring

In two months, I'm seeing my parents again. To make their vacation worthwhile and unforgettable, I've planned several road trips. The first one, which we will be doing over the spring break, is drive 18 hours to Florida. We will be making stop-overs at Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia, spend a day at Universal Studios and another at Disney World, and hopefully visit Miami before driving back to Washington D.C to see the cherry blossoms. I will be the designated driver, of course. Hopefully, my bestfriend wouldn't be too scared to drive my car and be the "official alternate" so my gluteus maximus could get some form of relief. We'll see if my convincing powers would work.

For the Memorial Day weekend, I plan on taking them to see the Niagara Falls. It's a shorter drive (8 hours) so a one-night stay at a hotel by the Falls would be enough to fully enjoy the scenery. During the regular weekends, trips to historical sites upstate and recreational places in Long Island are in order. I thought of planning another trip to California so they could say "Hi" to my cousin and his family but my next long vacation is not till August and they're going back to Cebu in June. Maybe next time.

The last time they were here, it was winter, so they didn't really get a lot of opportunities to explore the city. I remember buying them unlimited monthly metrocards (for the train) so they could go out on their own while I was at work. But they weren't able to make full use of those cards because they were daunted by the cold. Spring should be a good season for their old bones, right? LOL.

Excited. =)






Comments