Unspoken

Multiply.com will no longer be able to hold my old thoughts. They will soon be revamping their site to cater more to the marketplace instead of bloggers like me. With the deadline looming, I decided to act fast and migrate all of my photos and my blog entries into my hard drive. In the process, I've rediscovered posts that I thought I'd share here and this is one of those. Please know that this is entirely fictional. Any resemblances to real life events are purely coincidental.

HIS STORY...

Seeing her walk down that pink-and-white roses lined aisle made me remember the day I first saw her 7 years ago.
Seven years ago.  Has it really been that long?  She was still starting out then.  A young girl full of ideas and brimming with passion.  I couldn't stop her if I tried.  She knew what she wanted and she was out to get it.

Watching her now with every step as sure as that day when she told me that she was leaving the country to see what else was out there, I couldn't help feel a surge of pride.  Right then, I knew, this was meant to be.  That everything that led up to this day was no accident.

She was and still is every bit the girl I want to grow old with.  She with her shrill shrieks and weird ideas.  She with her sweet surprises and unpredictable moods.  She with her eccentric habits and wild cravings.  She was everything I want and more.  She's the one.  The only one.

Now, she's right there before my eyes.  Just seconds away.  A few more and I will hold her in my arms and hug her like I've never hugged anyone before and ever will.  I look into her eyes and for the shortest of moments she caught my gaze.  She smiled.

Oh if only I could bend time!  I longed for everything to stop and just be in that moment.  Every muscle in my body is telling me to run towards her and just scream my love 'till my voice fails me.  But no sooner than I batted an eyelash, she was right there in front of me.

I reached for hand and she takes it with as much fervor.  Or was it just my imagination?  Before I knew it, she was letting go of my grip and reached for my brother who was standing quietly beside me.  The man I knew my whole life. The man she was saying "I do" to.

You see, I never told her.  Never showed her how much I love her.  And now, I'm regretting every moment of this day.
Everything that happened after that was a blur.  Only one thing was certain, she's not yet done breaking my heart.  If only she knew...

HER STORY...
Why does he have to be here?  Even now as I'm walking down this pink and white aisle towards the man of my dreams, I can't help but be affected by his mere presence.

Seven years ago, he told me I was weird.  And strangely enough, I took that as a compliment.  He's not much of a talker.  You have to constantly pry him out of his shell.  And I guess it was this that drew us to each other.

He's my best friend.  I've seen him at his worst and present during the best times of his life.  You could say I was always there for him and he for me.  Sometimes, I allowed myself to believe that someday we'd grow old together, that we'd watch every sunrise and rush home to see every sunset.  I allowed myself to believe that it really was going to happen.
But for all my wishful thinking, I soon opened my eyes to the truth that he doesn't love me that way.  That he never did.  I allowed myself to grieve the loss of a love that could've been.  But life had to go on.  And it came in the form of his brother.

His brother showed me the love he never did.  And I've grown to love him as much.

Yet even now, seeing him standing there, a part of me wanted to rush towards him and ask him to prove me wrong.  But looking into his eyes, the eyes that I've read ever so often, I don't see anything there.  I hold his hand, and there was no magic.  The emotion I thought I would feel didn't surface.

Soon, I'll be his sister-in-law.  Maybe it's better this way.  Still, I wish I knew what he was thinking...





Comments