Really, B&N?








Barnes and Noble has recommended a lot of books in the past that I have read and enjoyed. The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield), Belong To Me (Marisa de los Santos), Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini), and Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Gregory Maguire), to name a few. But Fifty Shades of Grey? It does not even belong in the same category as these books!

From a previous post, I have intimated that I have read the first 100 pages of E.L. James' highly popular work, but could not finish because it was giving me a headache. Some books have thin storylines and unimaginative characters but you can tolerate going through them until the last page. James' creation was just a difficult read in a bad way.

Perhaps, B&N was just capitalizing on the fact that the second installment of the film series is currently being shown in theaters. I hope so because if the reason is they actually loved the book enough to recommend it, then I can't take them seriously anymore.


Comments