Tokyo, Tokyo!




I have fallen in love. It's not so much how you look (and you look really good, impressive even), but how you made me feel. It's hard to explain the magic that you possess. The effect you had on me was unmistakable. It was definitely love at first sight and I've only had a few of these. Oh, Tokyo! You have captured my heart the way New York City did when we first met.

Could it be the unique character of every nook that you possess? From one district to the next, you revealed a different side. In Chiyoda, you were all business and no-nonsense. Your people wearing a generic corporate ensemble of whites, blacks, and greys. In Harajuku, your knack for fashion, with everyone expressing themselves in their own unique style; colorful, trendy, hip, and fun. In Asakusa, your passion for preserving history and culture. The exquisite Sensoji Temple being at the heart of it, complemented by the shopping stalls on Nakamise street selling traditional Japanese wares. In Akihabara, your unapologetic celebration of everything nerdy; computers, cameras, techy gadgets, and anime! In Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Ginza, your penchant for the flamboyant display of everything shiny, bright, and loud. And in Minato, where we stayed for 3 nights, the place where you first captured my heart. How can I forget the scent of the rain that greeted me? Or the quiet unimposing elegance that rendered me speechless?

You, Tokyo, are going to be a regular backdrop in my dreams for weeks to come. Until I get over you, until I have learned to move on from this lingering desire to return, I shall relive every moment you have given me. Thank you for making me feel like I was finally setting foot on my own doorstep after a long, tiring journey. And forgive me for the cliché, but our time together was nothing short of magical. Till we meet again!

Arigato gozaimasu.

Akihabara

Street artist

At Meiji Shrine

Asakusa

Yoyogi Park

Tokyo Gov't Building compound

Kabuki-za

Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine

First impressions last. Minato-ka

Nakamise Street

Shinjuku

Rain on the first day. Minato.
Ramen at Ichiran Ramen in Shibuya


Rice wine. Meiji Shrine







Comments