First Love




Five days, that's all we really had. The days and months prior to those 5, I haven't really thought much about you. I would talk to my friends about you, but always in passing. I would look at old photos with a measure of fondness, but not with the degree of ache that I feel right now. Since I left 3 weeks ago, I often found myself remembering you and a longing so deep would grip me it's staggering. 

Yes, all it took was five days to rekindle the love I've always had for you. It never left me. It lays dormant when you're out of sight but it resurfaces with a passion the moment I step into your embrace. Every memory would come rushing back and fill me with heady emotions that I can't contain. It makes leaving so painful. 

Oh, Cebu! You will always be my first love. Till we meet again.


Comments