Wake Me Up On My Birthday



I have decided to celebrate my birthday in a different country/city every year. Last year, I drove for 8 hours from New York City to Toronto (stayed 2 days there) and then drove 5 hours to Montreal and spent 2 days there as well. Toronto did not impress me but Montreal was a beauty, I had to swoon. From the majestic architecture, beautiful gardens, delicious ramen, and the unexpected challenge of having to understand all the street/traffic signs that were in French, the experience was one for the books.






This year, I initially planned to go to London. However, I couldn't find anyone to go with me. Either, they're afraid of the safety situation in that country or they're simply not ready to go there yet for various reasons. It's sad to some people, I know, that I'm not willing to travel by myself. But I believe that travelling is something that you share and experience with someone. There is beauty, excitement, and benefits to travelling solo and I don't discount that. But just imagine how the fun and thrills are doubled (or quadrupled) when you can gush about certain things with another person.

So instead of Great Britain, I'm going to British Columbia instead, specifically Vancouver and Victoria. It's the next best thing. My intention was to see the Canadian Rockies but I learned that the fall/winter season is not the best time to visit. Good thing there are other places to see (Capilano Suspension Bridge, Dr. Sun Yat Sen Chinese Garden, etc.). 

Capilano Suspension Bridge. Photo source: http://www.clippervacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/grouse_mountain_capilano_featured.jpg


Since I got back from my Japan/Singapore/Malaysia/Philippines trip (more on this later), I couldn't get rid of this desire to go somewhere I've never been. Is there a cure for this restlessness? Any pill that will stop me from being transported somewhere everytime I close my eyes? I have only one wish for my birthday and you, my dear readers, probably know what that is.
















Comments