44 of Him


He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, his goofy side is so much fun
He loves movies, he loves puppies, many things we have in common
He’s not perfect, but no pretense, his vulnerability he shows
The honesty and openness, I will always marvel at those
He can be quiet and pensive, or be talkative and bubbly
He can be serious and mature, or funny, playful, and silly
Fascinating stories he tells, gripping tales of his life he’ll share
A beautiful, creative mind; jokes, punny quips, he has a flair
Not afraid to show emotion; an honest cry, he’ll not hold back
His face is full of expression; charming smolder? He has a knack!
He has the voice of an angel, I love listening to him sing
But mostly just hearing him talk gives me a warm, cozy feeling
He’ll play and rock to any song; be it Tedder, Taylor, or Jon
My ears are happy, my heart glad; he just knows how to turn it on
His way with words, it makes me swoon; he writes such captivating prose
The poetry that’s in his heart; watered with love and faith it grows
He is full of sweet surprises, I look forward to every one
A good listener, a great friend; I’m safe in his “no judgment zone”
A quiet strength I wish I had; a sweet spirit, a gentle soul
Slow to anger, prudent with words; positivity, glass is full
Intelligent, but not bookish; smart, witty, and articulate
He can talk about anything; deep or trivial, he’ll navigate
He’s a puzzle I like solving, a mystery to decipher
He loves the outdoors, exciting(!); he is my one great adventure
His thoughts and views he’s open with; affection, he does not withhold
He’s perceptive and sensitive; reliable, he keeps his word
He is calm, cool, and collected; in a crisis, he can be still
He’s not easily overwhelmed; in a storm, he can be tranquil
A dreamer, passionate, and brave; his love for life is infectious
He believes in what he stands for; and for Whom he stands he’s conscious
A good son, brother, and uncle; a family man to the core
He loves deeply and intensely; his charming ways you will adore
Clouds and getting caught in the rain; long walks, long drives, he does not shun
Sunsets, beaches, mountains, and lakes; he’s carefree, with the wind he’ll run
In every city and country, nooks and crannies he will explore
He’ll get lost but he’s not afraid; I cannot wait to know him more!
Not a typical anything; you cannot put him in a box
Be it as pastor or boyfriend, he will surprise you in your tracks
Patience is one of his strong suits; the kindness in his eyes, a draw
You can tell him all your secrets; they’ll be safe, he is such an awe!
His love for God, to seek His will; he inspires my spiritual walk
To please and always honor Him; his journey is more than just talk
He trusts in God’s perfect timing; he is willing to wait a while
Made for a specific reason; the thought of him... it makes me smile.


Lines, 44; Possibilities, infinite.














Comments

Post a Comment