Winter's A'knocking



Winter is here. Temperatures have dropped to the 20s and sheepskin boots have once again become a necessity. Contrary to popular belief, not all people from warm countries (like the Philippines) shun the cold. I for one love it when the thermometer reading starts dropping. Although I prefer it to stay within the 40F-50F range, I don't cry whenever it goes down to the teens like today.

With winter comes snow. On my first year in New York, there was a big blizzard and the whole city was blanketed in white. And I thought that was the most amazing sight I have ever seen. I still feel the same way everytime those snow flakes come down from the heavens. People who've lived their whole lives in this city told me that I will soon outgrow it. But I have yet to prove them right.

The only thing that peeves me about the cold is the inconvenience it brings when shopping for clothes. I'm so anal about finding something that fits perfectly that I almost always feel the need to peel off everything that's on me just to make sure. With all the layers I wear during the cold months, trying clothes on becomes a very arduous task.

All things considered, I'd take the cold over the heat anytime.



Comments