Six


My Dear M,

Before you came along, I didn’t know it was possible for my world to get any more colorful. The first time I saw your smile, my heart was a giant ball of mush. I knew then that I would move heaven and earth for you.

You are at once predictable and mysterious; a puzzle everyone is always solving. You are feisty yet sweet, headstrong yet reasonable, moody yet kind. I’m still trying to figure out how you have me wrapped around your little finger. A word from you and I’m pudding in your hands.

As much as I wish for the wind and the tide to always be in your favor, the only assurance I can give is I’ll ride them with you. People will hurt you, deceive you, betray you, and break your heart more times than you can count; that’s a guarantee. But know that when they do we can video chat on Messenger and I will cry with you, be mad with you, pray with you, heal with you. I wish I can be on your side of the world often so we can go seeking for adventures together. Maybe one of these days I can show you my world. 

I wish you the kind of life that builds character. Courage to pursue your passions, strength to stand up for what you believe in, and grit to withstand anything. 

I wish you friends you can trust, people you can count on. I wish someday you find a home in someone’s eyes, comfort in their embrace, and security in the knowledge that no matter how uncertain the future is, you can build it side by side. 

I wish you health, wealth, and sanity (you need this more than you’ll ever know). I wish you love, joy, and peace; the kind that you don’t get from money, or travels, or even friends; the kind that’s deep and enduring. 

May you have patience for the hard times, kindness for a broken world, goodness to soften every blow, and faithfulness to see you through. May you not forget to be gentle to every one you meet (even those who don’t deserve it) and be forgiving of their faults.

And through it all, may you have the composure, the coolness to keep yourself together no matter the situation. God has a great plan for you, walk with Him. 

Happy birthday, my Bubulove!





I still can’t believe you’re 6 already!

Comments

  1. : I really thought... 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fits; so perhaps we can pretend it is what you thought it was. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment