1227


Our individual experiences leading up to “that moment” have been different. For reasons I can’t put a finger on I wish I saw it sooner so I could’ve enjoyed the same roller coaster you were in. But things have a way of falling into place and they are often beyond anything we can orchestrate. What stories would we tell each other if we were on the same ride? 

I listen with rapt attention as you describe the emotions you felt, the perceptions you formed, and the choices you had to make that led up to D27 and I must say F. Scott Fitzgerald, with his beautiful words, couldn’t have come up with a better version of this tale. The candor with which you related them added extra hues to an already colorful picture. I enjoy listening to you talk. 

Some things bear repeating and this is one of them: I enjoy listening to you talk. Be it the giddy recounts of “D27 behind the scenes”, sentimental retellings of childhood adventures, bright-eyed rehashing of happy moments, or the brave confessions of habitual mistakes, flaws, past failures, present struggles, and insecurities about the future, this story fiend hangs on to every word with bated breaths. And the friend you will always have in me treasures them for what they are: whozits, whatzits, and thingamabobs that I’ll keep in my cavern because they, in some measure, let me be a part of your world. 

Yes, the experiences we’ve had leading up to that moment have been different and though I wish they weren’t, I wouldn’t have it any other way. The stories are too good to miss out on. 




Comments